1. Take a deep breath in, get ready and blow your breath out slowly, imagining that you are blowing the dandelion seeds through the air.
2. Remind yourself it’s okay to ask for help.
3. Get a drink of cold water or run your hands under the cold water.
4. Think about a peaceful place and engage your senses what you can hear, see, smell, taste and feel.
5. Look around and describe 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell and 1 thing you can taste.
6. Go for a walk
7. Engage in short bursts of exercises like push-ups or jumping jacks
8. Imagine blowing bubbles or blowing up a balloon, focus on your breath.
9. Color, sew, knit, clean, shower/bath
10. Find a pleasurable scent- candle or lotion
11. Play with a pet or volunteer at a local shelter
12. Make a list of all your blessings
13. Create small goals for the future
14. Act opposite of negative feelings (urge to isolate-be around people)
15. Pay attention to your sleeping and eating habits
16. Prioritize important tasks
17. Remember it’s okay to say, no
18. Schedule time for yourself
· Text HOPELINE to 741741
· Mental health crisis hotline: 1–800-273-8255.
· For immediate services call 9-1-1